Monday, September 27, 2010

Monday, Monday



What a great start to the week! You know those days when you don’t want to get out of bed? Yes, that was today for me, oh Monday mornings…Well, since I had the luxury of only working 3 days last week, facing a 5 day workweek was daunting. Nevertheless, I made my way to my last junior high school and prepared to give self-introductions #36-40. It amazes me how you can have your day turned around after simple conversations with other people. I thought teaching 5 classes in a row would put me in a bad mood, but not today! The staff members (and other teachers) were incredibly welcoming today. I’ve even planned a date near the end of October to play golf with some other teachers/staff members! And on top of that, the principal took 5 minutes out of his day to learn a little bit about me. The reason I was so surprised is that this was the first time I’ve seen a principal really interact with the staff and it definitely made my first day at this school so much better, and not to mention, a little less stressful! In all, I took a very valuable lesson, which I look forward to applying in my future. There is no person too small or unimportant for you to take 5 minutes out of your day to talk to because you never know how it many change their day. And after 15 days of being passed by the teachers/staff in the teachers’ room, that simple conversation about where I’m from and why I’m in Japan, made my day. And thanks to that conversation, I will be much more excited to return to that junior high in the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment